Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Coraline Scene Analysis Task
Transcript of Coraline Scene Analysis Task
Music & Sound
Lighting & Colour
The Dining Table Scene
* It’s the first time the ‘other mother’ tries to lure Coraline
* Coraline enters through the ‘thought to be closed off’ door after a disgusting frozen meal with her family.
* Coraline takes the tunnel over to the other world and the viewers know immediately that something is not right.
• There is light and music and the colors have brighter hues.
• Coraline sniffs the air and smells something good.
• None of these things would happen in her real world.
• Coraline walks into the warm, bright kitchen filled with little decorations and sees what she thinks is her mother.
• Viewers are know that something isn’t right. The mother’s eyes are buttons.
• In Coraline’s real world she would have found her father hunched over a computer
• This father is engaged with Coraline and write a song about her.
• This lets the viewers know the differences in both the worlds’.
• The three seating table is now a formal dining table, lights are dimmed and an extravagant three course meal has been prepared.
• The ‘other mother’ will do anything for Coraline whereas he real mother wouldn’t even cook a meal.
• The meal consists of a whole roast chicken, rice, peas, corn on the cob, half pineapple, roast potatoes and little sauce containers filled with delights with a candelabras.
• To add to the opulence, a miniature train with gravy fulfills another one of Coralines needs; her craving for gravy.
• Coraline asks for a mango smoothie.
• She drinks up noisily and the ‘other mother’ she just laughs.
• A huge cake with pink icing which magically writes ‘welcome home Coraline.’
Versions of reality
• Coraline wishes for a more exciting life with a better family.
• Coralines discerning nature knows that usually when a situation is too good to be true, it usually is.
• Coraline’s feels that her real family care of her.
• The other family provides her with food, support, love and care. All of these things Coraline’s craves.
• Coraline soon realizes although her actual family may not be perfect, they are her family and a real family is irreplaceable.
Love of Food
• Coraline sees food as a time for family, a reason to sit around the table and eat together.
• Which is something that she didn’t do much of in the her real world.
• The ‘other mother’ uses food for love
• Calm and peaceful music.
• Coraline’s father plays a song played on the piano which gives off a happy vibes.
• There is a sudden crash of thunder and lightening. Which gives the audience an insight that something evil is happening.
Examples of Sound effects:
Starting bell for dinner
Gravy train whistle
Other mother tapping her fingernails
Talking with mouth full
Thunder, lightening, rain
Point of View Shot
Medium Close up
Two Shot & Mid Shot
Point of View, Two Shot & Over the Shoulder Shot
Over the Shoulder Shot
Thank you for Watching!
Name: Coraline Jones
Address: Pontiac, Michigan
Hair colour: Blue
Eye Colour: Brown
Skin Colour: White
Personality: Friendly, sweet, carefree loves life and would do anything for Coraline.
Quote: "They say even the proudest spirit can be broken by love"
Fact - The beldam has no true form. She morphs into different forms depending on the child she is luring into her trap.
Personality: Joyful, Outgoing, Musical
Quote: "No need to! This piano plays me! "
Fact: The other father was created by Beldam