Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Middsummer Nights Dream
Transcript of Middsummer Nights Dream
By, Donatella, Jordan, Ben, and Marcos
You have her father's love, Demetrius;
Let me have Hermia's
Reading Comprehension Questions
Track Theme Paragraphs
Monday, February 17, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Film vs. Play comparison
The movie and the text were almost the exact same but the movie was so so so much better than the text.
The movie was much easier to understand then the book because of the actions and the voice with the subtitles. Also the setting is explained in a lot better detail.
Words at the same time as subtitles can really help with comprehension. It really helps to understand the setting because it was meant to be a play originally not text.
Midsummer Summers Night Dream
By, Donatella, Jordan, Marcos, and Ben
Annotations By, Donatella
Summary/ Comic Strip
By, Donatella and Jordan
1. Egeus and Demetrius attempt to control Hermia by marriage. Egeus is forcing her daughter, Hermia, to marry Demetrius and not Lysander.
2. In the beginning of the play's start, Theseus and Hippolyta are discussing the wedding ceremony.
3. Theseus captured the Amazons and Hippolyta (their leader) agreed to marry him if he let her live.
4. Egeus is is disturbed because Hermia doesn't want to marry Demetrius. But she wants to marry Lysander and Egeus refuses to let them marry.
5. If Hermia doesn't marry Demetrius, she has an option to become a nun or die.
Hermia is trying to control her dad, Egeus, because she doesn’t want to marry Demetrius. She tries to force her dad to letting her marry Lysander instead. She tries to control her dad by arguing and saying how Lysander is better than Demetrius and how she loves him more. As a result to trying to control her dad, Hermia is given three options. Marry Demetrius, become a nun, or die.
Egeus is trying to control Hermia his daughter. He said she has to marry Demetrius, become a nun, or die. He wants to control her with no rebellion for more money and power. In the end it doesn't work because Demetrius falls in love with someone else.
line 20- (our renowned duke) It means the duke is very great.
line 22- (full of vexation i come) It means he is very anrgy
line 29- (interchanged love tokens) they love eachother
line 35- (unhardend youth) almost adult
line 95-(he hath my love) i love him
"To whom you are but as a form in wax
By him imprinted and within his power
To leave the figure or disfigure it."
What Theseus means is that Hermia's father controls her that he molds her mind and that he shaped her beauty.
Demetrius is trying to control Hermia. Demetrius tries to control Hermia by trying to make her marry him. Demetrius attempts to control Hermia by telling her dad to make her marry him. In the end Demetrius ends up falling in love with someone else because of a magic flower.
By, Donatella, Jordan, Ben, Marcos
Theseus is controling the love of Hermia and if she will marry Demetrius. He controls them by telling Hermia how if she marrys against her fathers will how she will die. he also says how that if she doesn't marry demetrius she can be a nun. In the end of the book Theseus's attempt to control the love of Hermia does not work since she decides to marry Lysander.