Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Liberal Party of Canada
Transcript of Liberal Party of Canada
Leader of the Liberal party of Canada since April 2013
Logo and Slogan
The colours of the logo are red and white, the colours of Canada. This shows their pride in our country
The maple leaf is placed over the "e", which represents a french accent
The maple leaf is also in the center of the logo, which shows the party's place on the political spectrum
The current slogan of the Liberal party is "Fairness for the middle class". #fairness
Previous slogans have included "We have a right to power and don't forget it", and "We can do better".
Fairness for the middle class, which includes a tax break
Every Canadian must have access to publicly funded, high quality, universal health care
Access to affordable child care
Working in partnerships with indigenous people
Using evidence-based policies that prevent crime
Current Party Platform Points
Creating a new way to prevent marijuana and other drug use
Tax cuts for middle class Canadians
Making a national inquiry of Canada's missing indigenous women
Creating affordable housing
The Liberal party has formed government 9 times. These include:
Wilfrid Laurier - 1896-1911
- Created the Royal Canadian Navy
- Oversaw Saskatchewan and Alberta's entry into confederation
William Lyon Mackenzie King - 1921-1930
-Development of the national capital
Lester B. Pearson - 1963-1968
- Created the Royal Commission on the Status of Women, and the Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism
- French was made an official language
Pierre Trudeau - 1968-1974
- Tried to create a "just society"
The middle class
Families with young children
Lester B. Pearson's riding was Algoma, which included Manitoulin
The Liberal party is the oldest federal party of Canada
Justin Trudeau has earned a salary of more than $450,000 in his best year
The Liberals have many ideologies and beliefs that they stand for, which create the foundations of the party. These include: