Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Routine Letters
Important Characteristics of Business Letters to Keep in Mind:
-provide information (positive and negative)
-apply for a job
Most business letters have four parts: address, opening, body, and closing
- Letterhead or Sender's Address
- Recipient's Address
Best Restaurant Ever
123 Awesome Street
Toronto, ON A1A 2B2
January 1, 2013
Mr. David Singh
123 Not Awesome Street
Toronto, ON B2B 1A1
Dear Mr. Singh:
- Subject Line
- First sentence or two of the letter.
SUBJECT: AVAILABILITY AND PRICE OF EQUIPMENT SECURITY DEVICES
Please provide information and recommendations regarding security equipment to prevent the theft of office computers keyboards, monitors, faxes, and printers.
- provide any necessary details needed to clarify the opening
- The main goal is to get your point across without the reader having more questions
- maintain a friendly, conversational, and positive tone
- if you require an action, you should close with your specific request
- if your letter provides information, you should close with a summary or polite forwarding thought
-try and avoid mechanical closes, such as, 'If you need anything, don't hesitate to call.'
c. Mr. Jones
Regional Manager, Best Restaurant Ever
It is important when writing a refusal letter to minimize the damage to the relationship
1. use a neutral opening
2. explain the reasons
3. be clear
4. provide a polite or helpful comment or suggestion
5. use a polite or goodwill closing
Try to be:
- Complimentary Close
- Signature block
- Enclosure Notation
- Copy Notation