Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Phonorecords & Digital Phonorecords(records, tapes, CDs, Mp3)
Transcript of Phonorecords & Digital Phonorecords(records, tapes, CDs, Mp3)
this topic? Title 17 of the United States Code chapter 4, section 402. Because the copyright laws provide protection for
the Phonorecords and Digital Phonorecords. It is
automatically protected when it is "fixed" into a
phonorecord or a digital phonorecord. Phonorecords &
Digital Phonorecords How can copyright be infringed? It's when someone that isn't the copyright holder, copies their work. The idea or information behind the work isn't protected, but how the idea is said, is. How does "Public Domain" apply to your topic? The public domain applies to the topic because it's when the copyright law expires and it belongs to the public. So whenever the phonorecord's copyright law expires, it will belong to the public. So that means, anyone can use it without paying royalties to the copyright holder. How does "Fair Use" apply? What are the penalties for infringement? You may have to pay up to $100,000 per work infringed. They will be responsible for paying the copyright owner's damages caused by the person's infringement. It also includes attorney's fees and court costs. How can infringement be prevented? Who can you contact for permission? You contact the copyright holder and ask for permission about what you want to do. How do copyright rules effect teens on this topic? The copyright rules effect teens on this topic because they like to share music with friends, without having first the friend pay royalties to the copyright holder, which makes this act illegal. Website references There are five steps to prevent infringement.
1. Basically, just include a notice saying that your work is copyrighted so people won't steal your material.
2. Next, you file a copyright with the government. The people who file those out can sue a copyright infringer in court. Also, you'll have to say that you filed the copyright with the government so that you have a reason to sue the copyright infringer.
3. Use the copyscape plagiarism to keep watch of your work so you can tell if someone is trying to steal your material. This shows that your material is protected.
4. After that, you can send a message to the people who steal your works and put them on their websites.
5. Last, but not least, send a DMCA(Digital Millennium Copyright Act) to an online search or other websites with forums. This deletes copyright infringement that are posted by users of a website. The fact that "fair use" is very much a factor in the copying and redistribution of phonorecords applies to the general populous because when one is sharing any type of phonorecord, they must make sure that permission from the copyright holder is gained. 1. http://www.k-state.edu/academicpersonnel/intprop/webtutor/tsld020.htm
7.http://copyright.lib.utexas.edu/ By: Ariana Rodriguez, Clark Neil, & Austin Senior How does "Fair Use" apply?(Cont'd) The terms of the permission will decide whether or not one can use merely a fraction of the original or use it in it's entirety and more importantly, the phonorecord can be used for financial gain, which if this permission is gained you must make sure of the terms of the gain as to whether or not royalties are required and if so their amount.