Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
New York Megacity Presentation
Transcript of New York Megacity Presentation
By Jared Buratto and Konnor Kalafatis
1. It costs $1 million to get a license to operate a taxi.
2. Largest Jewish population outside of Israel.
3. About 1 in every 38 people in the US lives in NYC.
4. Birth every 4.4 minutes.
5. Death every 9.1 minutes.
6. Largest Chinese population in any city outside Asia.
7. Largest Peurto Rican population of any city in the world.
8. The entire world’s population could fit in the state of Texas if it were as densely populated as New York City.
9. The city of New York will pay for a one-way plane ticket for any homeless person if they have a guaranteed place to stay.
10. In 1857, toilet paper was invented by Joseph C. Gayetty in NYC.
The New York Times
Part D - Issues
- Social: Ethnic Groups & Festivals
- Historical: Native Americans & 9/11
- Economic: Wall Street
- Environment - From High rises to central park
- Political: Federal Bank & UN Headquaters
- Technology: Silicon
Low Greenhouse Gas emissions
High air-pollution and gasoline consumption
Water and Electricity
Dense Traffic meets low fatality rate
Poverty and Unemployment
Homelessness up and unemployment down:
From dark times to a brighter future
The Infamous Seinfeld apartment located in Manhattan, NYC
Located in USA, North America.
Lots of skyscrapers
26,403 people per mi² (2.6 km²)
"Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made of"
Pollution, Water and Electricity
On the right track
Traffic Congestion and Housing
Poverty and Employment
New York City 2014, Wikipedia, accessed 26 October 2014, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City>.
Stopera, M 2014, 60 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About New York City, Buzzfeed, accessed 26 October 2014, <http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/60-facts-that-will-make-nyc-feel-like-a-whole-new-place>.
Urban Consolidation 2014, Wikipedia, accessed 26 October 2014, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_consolidation>.
UN n.d., PlaNYC City-Wide Sustainability Plan (New York City), Sustainable Development, accessed 26 October 2014, <http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/index.php?page=view&type=99&nr=30&menu=1449>.
Urban Renewal 2014, Wikipedia, accessed 26 October 2014, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_renewal>.
Terrorism, pollution, crime.
Jobs, culture, style of living, entertainment, education.
It would take roughly 116 days to walk there!
23 h 5mins