Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Anglo-Saxon: Oral Tradition
Transcript of Anglo-Saxon: Oral Tradition
Oral Tradition By Ricardo Placensia
English 4B Honors
Empress McDonald Basic Info Relation to
Religion Oral Tradition
at a Glance Lets Get Started! ~Made up of three groups of Germanic background:
~Invaded Great Britain and Denmark
*Political power was unstable
*Celts were removed to the North
*The land was now free for the taking
~Out of this invasion came the Anglo-Saxons ~A way to express one's life, customs, beliefs, and values through speech.
~Scops: Name for Anglo-Saxon storytellers.
* Key to passing tradition
* Ranked very high in society
~Stories were told through song as well.
~Oral Tradition usually took place during feasts and other gatherings.
~Beowulf originated from oral tradition. ~Anglo-Saxons were more Pagan than
~Through oral tradition, they expressed their beliefs on both religions.
~Through oral tradition, one can see that Anglo-Saxons believed in many Gods, but referred to one.
Work Cited http://public.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/medieval/anglo-saxon.html http://miliosenglishivportfolio.blogspot.com/2011/01/oral-tradition-contributes-to-anglo.html