Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Arrhythmias
shortness of breath Symptoms; You can use a heart monitor for 24 hours, do a ECG or EKG, an echocardigram, or use a coronary aniography. You can also use an ICD that is placed by the collar bone under the skin to detect electrical pulses. How can this be diagnosed? No, there is no universal cure to arrhythmia. You can only treat or lessen the severity of the disease. Is There A Cure? Treatment can range from lifestyle changes and medicine to a more serious treatment of using a pacemaker or cardiac ablation. Treatment; Serious effects on the body;
overactive thyroid gland
cardiac arrest Genetic? In some components, yes. These are kinds of arrhythmia that can be inherited, but some are possible to not be inherited even if your parents have it. Prevention; Physical activities
Avoid tobacco smoke
Control caffeine and alcohol use
No street drugs
Watch yourself on mental illness drugs
Watch yourself on antiarrhythmics for opposite effects
Loose excess weight Whats the Prognosis? The prognosis is good on the majority of Arrhythmia unless you catch it too late and have already ruined your heart or passed away. Major Kinds; Kinds Of Arrhythmia; Bradycardia - too slow and less than 60 beats per minute.
Tachycardia - too fast and more than 100 beats per minute.
Atrial Fibrillation - makes the heart quiver and can lead to a stroke.
Heart Block - weak signal or doesn't transmit. http://watchlearnlive.heart.org/CVML_Player.php?moduleSelect=arrhyt Picture People over their 50's.
There is one rhythm disorder that effects young child and young adults named LQTS that rarely has symptoms and occurs in healthy people. Most Common in; WOW THATS FAST --> <-- WOW SUPER SLOW 1. What are the two major types of Arrhythmia?
2. Is there an one hundred percent chance of curing this disease?
3. Is this disease fatal?
4. What is two things you stay away from to have a better chance of not getting Arrhythmia? QUESTIONS 1 Brachycardia and Tachycardia 2 NO 3 It can be 4 Alcohol and Caffeine