Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Safety as a Value Choice or Compliance
Transcript of Safety as a Value Choice or Compliance
- it means conforming to a rule, such as a specification, policy, standard or laws.
Having a written safety policy is part of being in compliance, but it is totally useless for safety purposes if it is only on a piece of paper in a file in the safety office
Safety as a Choice
-it is condition of being protected against failure, damage, error, accidents, harm or any other event which could be considered non-desirable
Safety is a living evolving concept, not a static paperwork exercise.
Safety as a Value Choice vs Compliance
- is on paper
- someone else sets the standard
- generally delegated to the "safety person"
- is in your heart and mind
- you set the standard higher
- you do it because it is the right thing to do