Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tattoos and Piercings in the Workplace
Transcript of Tattoos and Piercings in the Workplace
or piercing - Most people get a tattoo or piercing for meaning and modification that fits who they are.
- Some tattoos and piercings are a symbol of religion or an accomplishment.
- In a sense tattoos and piercings bring diversity to the workplace.
- Tattoos and piercings don't affect one's work ethic. How Your Potential
Tattoos and Piercings -Most employers don't want the image of slackers.
- Shows a not clean company.
- Can show that a person is lazy and does not have a very good work ethic. What are some ways that you can make work easier for you and your employer? How Many of your friends have a tattoo or a unique piercing? Multiple sources say that 1 out of 5 U.S.
adults have a tattoo.
14% of people in the U.S. have a piercing
other than the ear lobe. Tattoos & Piercings in the Workplace Presented by Michelle Buboltz Megan Fox and one of her tattoos. Note: These facts are based on white collar standards of a workplace.
They are deemed unprofessional in the workplace. There is no proof anywhere that a tattoo visible or not has effected the mental capacity of an employee. Standard workplace dress code is to be professional in the eyes of customers, prospects, and the public. Why are tattoos and
piercings viewed in
a negative way? Years ago wearing a tattoo was a sign of rebelliousness. It was definitely not something accepted in decent society and had a negative image.
Tattoos don't necessarily mean that the person has been to jail or has been thugging their whole life. It is art and has a way of expressing something.
Some tattoos like a tribal tattoo or a piercing have some gang meanings and those have a negative impact on society still. Things to Think About Think about the location.
Tattoos are permanent so if you get one on your face people will always see it.
Piercings are not permanent but they will leave scares after taking them out.
Depending on the location will factor in how a potential employer sees it. Another thing to consider is the design and the type of piercing.
Some designs could have other meanings for different people.
Some piercings are very extreme they are designed to make a statement
Just like people judge style, tattoos and piercings with a weird design can cause negative effects. A third thing that you should consider is the heath risk factor.
Ink can cause allergic reactions and so can brass and nickel.
Infections from dirty needles and no proper care.
Also it costs a lot of money to get tattoos removed.
In recent years they have made retainers for piercings that are skin colored or clear.
Some piercings can be covered up with clothes as well.
For some ear piercings, the way a person wears their hair can hide it too.
There are many different types of make-up concealer that will do a good job hiding a tattoo. ex. Hard candy concealer.
Some tattoos can be covered up with clothing items like sleeves or an accessory like a watch. Today I want to give you information about tattoos and piercings from the business perspective. Tattoos and piercings have been a way for people to communicate and express themselves for years. Works Cited Brian K. Miller, Kay McGlashan Nicols, Jack Eure, (2009),"Body art in the workplace: piercing the
prejudice?", Personnel Review, Vol. 38 Iss: 6 pp. 621 - 640