Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CJ Koh Chair Professorial Lecture/Singapore/March 6, 2014
Transcript of CJ Koh Chair Professorial Lecture/Singapore/March 6, 2014
Harmonizing and Integrating
of Mindful Teaching
Caring and Loving
1. The Dynamic New Context
of Educational Change
3. International Case Studies
Toward Mindful Educational Change:
The Quest for Achievement with Integrity
Professor Dennis Shirley
Lynch School of Education
twitter @ dennisshirley
6 March 2014
CJ Koh Chair Professorial Lecture
Nashville: Big Idea
5. The Promising Future of
Mindful Teacher Leadership
Can we attain Achievement with Integrity?
Connecting Communities to Schools
Corporate Educational Responsibility
Towards Mindful Educational Change: A Global Reconnaissance
Well I learned many things...
1. Studying Learning--Mexico
2. Listening to Student Voice--Chile
3. Listening to Communities--Australia
5. Developing Evidence-Informed Networks--Norway
6. Connecting Communities to Schools--U.S.A.
7. Corporate Educational Responsibility--Colombia
8. Transforming Learning--England
9. Incessant Communication--U.S.A.
10. Student-Centric, Values-Driven--Singapore
No man ever steps into the same river twice,
for it is not the same river
and he isn't the same man.
2. What is Mindful Teaching?
The New Context:
Zones of Convergence
Poverty to Prosperity
We eat and run. We eat and run.
Organization for Economic Cooperation
and Development (OECD)
McKinsey & Company
Beware of Distractors!