Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Darfur, Sudan
Conflict between Dafur non-arab population and Sudan governemnt that lead to an ethnic cleanse.
The main actors in Dafur Genocide
The Armed Forces of the Sudanese government .
Janjaweed ( devil horse ) , armed Arab militias riding horse or camel.
The UN and other organizations concluded that the Janjaweed acting under the authority of the government of Sudan and enjoy impunity for actions committed
Black Rebel groups opposed to the government of Sudan through weapons.
Intolerance and discrimination between a non-inclusive government and the minority non-arabian groups creates hate.
Situation between Mexico and Darfur
Edgardo Benítez Pérez
Darfur is a region in Sudan the size of France, to the northeast of the continent. It is home to about 6 million people from nearly 100 tribes.
Civil war of 1983 starts; Omar al-Bashir performs a coup d’état and centralizes power.
The janjaweed are hired to suppress the rebellions and to fulfill the bidding of the president.
North vs. south, discrimination
Questions for awareness
Taking all of this into account, up to which point national sovereignty still is a limit for the world’s intervention capacity to help the needed and imprison the war criminals?
Until which point can we understand the damage that our indifference towards the atrocities committed in this place provokes in the world?
• Social and cultural equality.
• The importance of human rights.
Work for you, don't let people abuse of what it belongs to you.
• Life without discrimination.
But, what is happening now?
Since 2003 until now.
Marco Alejandro Medina Salgado
Valery Alanis Martínez Enríquez
Alexandra Rosales Miramontes
- Acebo, A. (2011). Darfur, el genocidio sudanés. Recuperado el 28 de enero de 2014 de: http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/rc/20110731/mundo/palabras-darfur-guerras-olvidadas-201107291838.html
-. (2013). Darfur Genocide. 28/01/2015, de World Without Genocide Sitio web: http://worldwithoutgenocide.org/genocides-and-conflicts/darfur-genocide
-UHRC. (2012). Genocide in Darfur. 28/01/2015, de United Human Rights council Sitio web: http://www.unitedhumanrights.org/genocide/genocide-in-sudan.htm