Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Chernobyl
By: Connor Devlin, Justin Murphy, Matt James, Bobby bobnugget(AKA: Luka Vukanic)
-April 26, 1986
-Nuclear Power Plant
- Сруктщинд Вшыфыеукы
RBMK-1000 & RBMK & LWGR
Special Combination of parts
- By 2000, over 4000 cases of thyroid cancer
-People who were exposed to the radiation had higher chance of cancer in long run
Health and Environmental Effects
What caused the explosion ?
-The operators of the power plant wanted to test what would happen if the power plant lost power.
-Turbine shut off and couldn't cool the water
-The water boiled and the steam caused an explosions
-Reactor 4 exploded
Range of radiation and effects
- There is major and minor damage all throughout Europe
- Over 100,000 fatal deaths have occurred counting till present in Europe
-200,000 squared km
-1,480 Caesium-137 levels
-350,000 People were evacuated
- 19 mile safe zone
- 25,000 spent-fuel assemblies