Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Utopian Socialism
Thomas More - 'Utopia' was written in 1516 which said no money, no greed, no private property 1640s-1650s
Were against inequalities and private property
All for cooperation and equal distribution
Brutally crushed by Cromwell and early Socialism disappeared. Lack of Scientific Rigor
Seem as impractical - somewhat eccentric
Optimistic (possibly romantic view of Human nature)
Wanted to roll back progress to simpler times Primitive Socialism Charles Fourier Small self sufficient communities
Roll back urbanization and industrialization
People should live in communes Robert Owen Benevolent Capitalist
Saw the exploitation of working classes
Provided Education and Housing Primitive Socialism then Utopian