Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Learning from the Masters
Transcript of Learning from the Masters
BUT there's a problem, isn't there:
Most great skills aren't understood.
Masters have tacit knowledge: Skills that are hidden from you and often unconscious to them... You can't deliberately practice what you don't understand.
You can "learn" or you can
1. Choose a master. Someone who can do what you want to be able to do.
2. Absorb their skill, without analysis, in a know-nothing state
3. Become the genius. Delay premature delusions of understanding
Mastery is a choice
It doesn't happen by chance.
Are you willing to pay the price?
How do you learn anything?
Skill development and maintenance happen through Deliberate Practice.
Deliberate Practice works
when the skills are known and:
1. Beyond your level of skill. Mere rehearsal is mostly a waste of time.
2. You get feedback.
3. You can try again.