Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intro to SCC
Transcript of Intro to SCC
The Big Idea
It's about making coaching more about student learning, and less about fixing teachers.
Students are here
Students need to be here
Coaching Lives Here
Core Practices for Student-Centered Coaching
1. Setting student learning goals for coaching cycles
2. Creating learning targets for coaching cycles
3. Using student evidence to co-plan instruction
4. Organizing coaching through coaching cycles
5. Co-teaching with a focus on effective teaching practice
6. Measuring the impact of coaching on student and teacher learning
7. Partnering with the school leader
Collecting Student Evidence
Comparing Coaching Modalities
Documenting the Impact of Coaching Cycles
Supporting Research from Hattie's Visible Learning
Self-reported grades/student expectations = ES 1.44
Feedback= ES 0.75
Self Verbalization and questioning= ES 0.64
Mastery Learning= ES 0.58
Knowing where our students are as learners
Knowing where they need to be
Partnering with teachers to close the gap between where the students are and where they need to be
Targeting failing teachers
Separating instruction from student learning
Hoping and praying that coaching makes an impact on student learning