Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HOW TRIGONOMETRY IS USED IN AEROSPACE
Transcript of HOW TRIGONOMETRY IS USED IN AEROSPACE
How is Trigonometry used Aerospace
The process in which this was learned was using internet research to find out how trigonometry was used in Aerospace
1) "Aerospace Engineer Job Description, Career as an Aerospace Engineer, Salary, Employment - Definition and Nature of the Work, Education and Training Requirements, Getting the Job." - StateUniversity.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Mar. 2014. <http://careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/381/Aerospace-Engineer.html>
2) "17-2011 Aerospace Engineers." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2014. <http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes1720
Although trigonometry was first applied to spheres, it has had greater application to planes. Surveyors have used trigonometry for centuries. Engineers, both military engineers and otherwise, have used trigonometry nearly as long.
Physics lays heavy demands on trigonometry. Optics and statics are two early fields of physics that use trigonometry, but all branches of physics use trigonometry since trigonometry aids in understanding space. Related fields such as physical chemistry naturally use trig.
Friday March 28, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
What is Aerospace engineering?
- The branch of engineering that deals with research, design, development, construction, testing, science, and technology of aircrafts and spacecrafts
- Began in the mid-18th and early-19th century when pioneer Sir Clayton Cayley discovered the difference between lift and drag, it was later founded officially founded when brothers Orville and Wilburt Wright invented the first official airplane.
- Can also be known colloquially as "Rocket Science" in pop culture
- NASA(National Aeronautics Space Administration) is the organization founded in 1958 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower for the research of Aeronautics and Aerospace.
- Average salary apporximately $65,000 annually
HOW TRIGONOMETRY IS USED IN AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
An Advanced Degree, a Masters, a Bachelors, or a Ph.D in Aerospace engineering or Mechanical engineering.
Trigonometric tables were created over two thousand years ago for computations in astronomy. The stars were thought to be fixed on a crystal sphere of great size, and that model was perfect for practical purposes. Only the planets moved on the sphere. (At the time there were seven recognized planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, the moon, and the sun. Those are the planets that we name our days of the week after. The earth wasn’t yet considered to be a planet since it was the center of the universe, and the outer planets hadn’t been discovered yet.)
The kind of trigonometry needed to understand positions on a sphere is called spherical trigonometry. Spherical trigonometry is rarely taught now since its job has been taken over by linear algebra. Nonetheless, one application of trigonometry is astronomy.