Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Angkor
A remix project
by Sandra Rivera
Angkor is a remix project that seeks to integrate diverse media about Angkor temples
Angkor is a region of Cambodia
that served as the seat of the Khmer empire, which flourished from approximately the ninth century to the thirteenth century.
The word Angkor is derived from the Sanskrit nagara, meaning "city"
The ruins of Angkor are located amid forests, near modern-day Siem Reap city,
and are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The temples of the Angkor area
number over one thousand,
ranging in scale from nondescript piles of brick rubble scattered through rice fields
to the magnificent Angkor Wat,
said to be
the world's largest single religious monument.
Many of the temples at Angkor have been restored, and together, they comprise the most significant site of Khmer architecture
This project combines