Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The World of Coffee
Transcript of The World of Coffee
THE WORLD OF COFFEE
The spread of coffee
Second largest traded commodity
25 million workers
Procter & Gamble
Where does coffee come from ?
1554, first coffee house in Turkey
Coffee growing was established on a commercial basis in Java by the Dutch in the early 18th century
1683, first coffee house opens in Venice as the turks retreat.
1720. Gabriel Mathieu de Clieu
1989, US backs out of ICO, coffee drops to $0.60 per pound
1985, coffee stable at $1.25-1.50 per pound.
1992, free market price at $0.49 per pound
1994, frost in Brazil. $2.55 per pound
1995-96 prices drop to $1.05 per pound as World bank lends money to Vietnam influenced by the Big Four
1997 $2.87 lb
30% of coffee farmers abandon farms in Latin American
(cc) image by jantik on Flickr
Is it working? Or just a marketing tool?
23-25 days to dry
Let's continue outside
Top producer since early 1900's
What is coffee?
How much is consumed every day ?
Who is the number 1 seller?