Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Research in EMS
Transcript of Research in EMS
"Last year in our county we saw a 25% survival rate
for cardiac arrest patients when response time was less than 5 minutes. Currently, about 40% of calls are responded to in under 5 minutes.
If 1 million dollars were directed to EMS next year, we could buy 8 ambulances
and increase our response times that are less than 5 minutes to 60%!"
How much oxygen is removed for each second of suctioning?
Difference for breathing vs. apneic patients?
Risk of oxygen removal vs. risk of aspiration?
How much oxygen loss is dangerous?
Trauma vs Clinical
Critical vs. Stable
Transport or Treat at Scene
Who are our customers?
Value of Research in EMS
Research in EMS
1. Ensure best patient care
2. Obtain more funding
3. Efficient use of limited resources
"Well done is better than well said"
"We deserve more money because we're doing a pretty good job saving lives out there!"
Passion for EMS and People Care
6 Sigma Quality Experience
What is it?
Why is it important?