Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
08.07 Invisible Warfare: Assessment
Transcript of 08.07 Invisible Warfare: Assessment
These images I used in my quilt all represents the 9/11 attack on the United States. On this day, September 11, 2001, 4 US planes were hijacked by terrorists and were used as weapons. al-Qaeda, the terrorists, used 2 of the planes and crashed the in to each of the twin towers, The World Trade Center. They crashed another plane into the Pentagon. The fourth plane was allegedly supposed to crash in to the White House, but Brave US passengers busted in to the cockpit of the plane and crashed it in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Almost 3000 people lost their lives because of the horrific terrorist attack.
- The First image is of the Twin Towers after if was hit by 2 planes. This attack happened first and it put our country in panic mode.
- The Second image is of the Pentagon after a plane crashed in to it. Department of Defense by no means was weakened, this event made it stronger!
- The Third image is of the crash site of the fourth plane that was headed to Washington, D.C. Brave passengers risked their lives to protect our capital, our White House.
- The Fourth image is of the Firefighters, Police, and Rescue of the City of New York. We consider them as Heroes. The risked their lives to save and rescue the people who were involved.
- The Fifth image is of the Firefighters raising our country's flag. This I believe, symbolizes we are UNITED. We are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We will never give up and be defeated. This image also shows respect to the ones who lost their lives.
- The Sixth image is of our President during out time of attack. George W. Bush visited all 3 sites of the attack. He stepped up and told our country, "We Will Prevail". During the joint session of Congress, President Bush stood in front of Congress and pledged to defend America's freedom against the fear of terrorism.
- The Last image is of our flag, which represents Freedom. We have not nor never will we forget about 9/11. This was a tragic event in US history. Many innocent lives were taken from us that day.
From this lesson, I learned that terrorism is the use of fear and violent acts to frighten people in a way of trying to achieve a certain political, national, or religious goals. Other types of warfare are designed to do harm or cause death to people. The United States has suffered economical, physical, political, and psychological impacts of terrorism all relating to 9/11. After the twin towers went down, the US suffered economically when the trading went haywire and stocks went down. The US also suffered physical impacts as well. 9/11 is a great example of that. The terrorists hijacked planes and used them as weapons and crashed them into the twin towers, the Pentagon, and almost the White House. The political impact during the 9/11 ordeal is when President Bush pledge to defend America's freedom and started a war against terrorism. The psychological part in all this the traumatic impact 9/11 caused everyone. Many lost innocent loved ones that day. Many became heroes. The images of that horrific day are burned in our brains. The emotions still affects a lot of people still to this day.
The United States and the rest of the world responded to terrorism by tightening security. The U.S. Congress passed the Patriot Act and created the Department of Homeland Security.The security at US airport are now more have more strict guidelines. There are certain items that are now restricted in your carry on. Now the rest of the world are standing together with the US and are fighting together against terrorism.
By: Autumn Cook