Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of RFID
Classified as Auto-ID Technology
Supply chain identification and tracking system
Popularized in early 2000s
Types of RFID Tags
How is it used?
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Reduced labor costs
Up to minute inventory count
Improved inventory accuracy
Improved sales and margins
Provides good data without adding more Labor Costs.
Commitment and cost to maintain technology
Significant investment into maintaining a sophisticated network
Expensive for small businesses
Potential waterfall effect
Feedback on distribution
Early recognition of supply issues
Data to target consumers
History of supply chain data
Glitches can lead to lost products
New tracking technologies
Walmart and RFID
Consumer Packaged Goods
Who uses it?
Wi-Fi Tracking Devices
Bluetooth and Personal Area Network Technologies
HP Memory Spot