Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
This is The Great Gatsby
Transcript of This is The Great Gatsby
Mysterious millionaire who throws lavish parties and has a secret past.
Gatsby lives here
in West Egg
(the unfashionable side
of Long Island, NY)
Gatsby lives next to Nick, our narrator.
veteran of WWI
Nick's cousin (and new neighbor) is Daisy
Daisy is married to Tom
Tom is sleeping with Myrtle...
Nick knows all of this (and enjoys telling us about it).
(and that Daisy might love Gatsby).
And that's just the beginning of...
...whereas Gatsby loves Daisy...
...and Daisy probably loves Gatsby.
The 1920s were a time of great extremes between the rich and poor.
For the wealthy, excess marked stature.
Gatsby's parties were the very definition of excess and hedonism.
Gatsby's excess was not without reason.
This Jordan Baker, golfer.
Nick likes her, but he doesn't