Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Comparing both texts: Lesson 7 - Chapter 8 of 'Tracks' and the second part of the final chapter of 'Into the Wild'.
Transcript of Comparing both texts: Lesson 7 - Chapter 8 of 'Tracks' and the second part of the final chapter of 'Into the Wild'.
LI: To gain an understanding of chapter 8 of 'Tracks' and the second part of the final chapter of 'Into the Wild'.
SC: Students will be able to compare and contrast Davidson and McCandless' psychological battles and address the concept of 'dualism' (the tension between body and soul or body and mind).
Quick write: Unpacking an exam-style comparative essay question
1. Working in pairs.
2. Highlight key words/phrases and come up with five synonyms for each of these key words/phrases.
3. What is the 'obvious' focus of this question? Is there one at all?
4. What are other (less obvious) focuses for this question?
5. We have 8 minutes.
6. Class discussion to follow.
‘I love not Man the less, but Nature more.’
Compare the ways civilization and nature are explored in these texts.
1. Working individually.
2. Read pp.148-156.
3. Answer the question thoroughly 10-12 lines, using textual evidence to support claims.
4. We'll have 20 minutes for this activity.
****Watch from 2:00 till the end