Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Career Reflection, Abstract, and Presentation
Transcript of Career Reflection, Abstract, and Presentation
Career Reflection, Abstract, and Presentation Mike Libbey
EHS PLTW: POE
5/21/12 Table of Contents
• Reflection Abstract Description Demand Salary Education Reflection A typical four to five year program can lead to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree. A Mechanical can become a Professional Engineer after 4 years on the job. Mechanical Engineering is the discipline of engineering involving mechanical systems. A mechanical system is a machine or tool involving multiple parts to lower the force needed to accomplish a specific goal. Mechanical Engineering can be seen as problem-solving using physics combined with calculus, chemistry and biology. It is considered one of the oldest and least specific branches of engineering. The median salary (form the first job out of college) of a Mechanical Engineer (in the United States) is $60,254. I'm glad to have looked at Mechanical Engineering for this project. I am currently enrolled in Iowa State University's School of Engineering and this project has helped me realize what I will be soon studying. Of the many Engineering disciplines, I believe Mechanical Engineering can be seen as the strongest. With a great demand and salary, Mechanical Engineers can be extremely successful. The demand of Mechanical Engineers dropped with the economy in 2009. However, it is currently approaching its largest demand in the last 4 years. The national average salary of all Mechanical Engineers is $67,700. References:
Anonymous. May 2012. Mechanical Engineer I - U.S. National Averages. Salary Wizard. http://www1.salary.com/Mechanical-Engineer-I-Salary.html
Anonymous. 11 January 2012. Mechanical Engineering. Retrieved from http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_engineering
Anonymous. May 19, 2012. Mechanical Engineer Salaries. Glassdoor. http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/mechanical-engineer-salary-SRCH_KO0,19.htm
Juli Morris. April 27, 2011. Hiring Demand for Mechanical Engineers — 4 Years. Analytics. http://www.wantedanalytics.com/insight/2011/04/27/hiring-demand-for-mechanical-engineers-nears-4-year-high/
Roslyn Melookaran. 2 August 2011. What is Mechanical Engineering? Iowa State University. http://www.me.iastate.edu/