Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Modern Mythology: Superheroes & the Hindu Tradition
Transcript of Modern Mythology: Superheroes & the Hindu Tradition
sarva mangala vaasaraha prabhataha aham
paatalahaleo tar ddharataha jaagra chanrut
Every Tuesday morning I wake up and dance around
leotard. Dum dee dum dee dum!
where might we find our 21st century krishna?
"I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. If you take his character
seriously, he is the ideal hero of today"
- A playful young cowherd boy in rural setting of Vrindavan, different background to Rama - not of royalty.
- Mischievious & playful. 'Krishna made play divine'.
- Extremely loving and kind, had a forgiving nature (Shishupal) and was creative in everything he did and always thought outside the box.
- When it comes to strategy, statecraft, tactics, Krishna has been the master. Consider before the battle, he gives a choice, me or my Army on the other side. Arjun asks for Krishna as charioteer, even though he would not engage in active combat. Duryodhan is elated, thinking Arjun to be a fool.
- Intelligence & self reliance vs. brute strength/power
- Prince of Ayodhya who dedicated his life to the ideals he believed so strongly in
- Defeated Ravana, King of Lanka who had been blessed
with a boon by the Gods. He was everything Rama was not, but could once have been like Rama
- 'Maryada purush'. So much so, that he
was willing to banish himself to the forest for 14 years. Willing to give up entire kingdom and wealth
- Dushera: burning 10 headed demons
- The Ram"ayana" or journey of the ideal man
debate: was rama right to banish sita?
- Dialogue (Bhagavad Gita) with Arjun as he was overcome with emotion and doubt.
- Krishna as the charioteer and Arjun as a symbol of mankind - control your effort not outcome.
- Janmashtmi, Rasa lila - representing how we are always dancing in a circle in creation, going round and round until moksha. Matki phor
yada yada hi dharmasya
abhyuthhanam dharmsya tadatamnan
To protect the good, to subdue the harmful and to reestablish the
principles of religion, I appear in every age
But, that was 5000 years + ago...
when will the Kalki avatar arrive?
Kaliyuga has only just begun.
what do we do until then?
- Become a symbol, anyone can wear the mask
- Billionaire orphan who uses his entire life and resources to fight crime
and tackle the injustices of Gotham without recognition. For example, at the end of TDK "more than a hero". Alfred the butler.
- Jim Gordon, TDKR: Shouldn't the people know who saved them? Same idea of selflessness and detaching oneself from outcome in the Gita
- Principles not rules. Just like Krishna & Duryodhan's death.
whats the story?
FB: Keshav Bx
Awakening of Intelligence - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Tao Te Ching
What legacy will you leave?