Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Project & Test & Inspection Unit
Specialist Engineers Dep.
- Safety Orientation
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Piping and Instrumental Diagram courses
1. Plant 470, NGL Recovery Unit.
2. Plant F20, Ethane Recovery Unit.
3. Plant 474, Gas Sweetening Unit.
4. Plant 475, Sulfur Recovery Unit.
5. Plant 471, Ethane Storage Unit.
6. Plant 476, Utility Unit.
7. Plant F-14, Sulfur Storage Unit.
8. Plant F-13, Sulfur Export Unit.
9. Plant F-18, Cogeneration Plant.
- Piping and Instrumental Diagram P&ID
- Combustion Turbines-Components
- Mechanical Seal
- Introduction to Bearings
- Centrifugal Pumps
- 1933, Saudi Government signed with Standard Oil of California (SOCAL).
- 1939, King Abd al-'Aziz visited RasTanura to inaugurate the first shipload of Saudi crude oil exported.
- 1944, the company name was changed from California-Arabian Standard Oil Company to ARabian AMerican oil COmpany (ARAMCO).
- 1988, The Saudi Arabian Oil Company, or Saudi Aramco.
Sulfur Recovery Unit (475)
2 H2S + O2 → S2 + 2 H2O
Cogeneration Plant Filter Replacement Project
supply the plant with 298MW/h
and 400psi steam
Sulfur Storage plant (F-14)
1. Preliminary Information
- was tripped due to high vibration on both bearings.
- has EagleBurgmann(EB) mechanical seal and then it's replaced into John crane( JC) with different plan configuration.
* Excessive Sulfur leak from mechanical seal side.
* High vibration in Thrust (0.42 in/sec) and radial (0.34 in/sec) bearings.
* Deterioration of Inpro seal surface condition and performance.
* Thrust bearing suspected to experience Brinelling failure
* Longitudinal scratches on thrust bearing inner race –shaft interface.
- Oil level MUST be maintained below the bearings.
- Putting a plastic sheet on front of inpro seal to prevent steam ingress.
- Back to EB mechanical seal
- Highly toxic and flammable gas,
colorless, heavier than air.
1 ppm: you smell it.
200 ppm: you have no sense of smell, eyes burning.
1000 ppm: DEATH !!
Berri Gas Plant (BGP)
First gas plant in Saudi Arabia (1977)
1. Natural gas liquids (NGL)
- Historical Background
- Brief description about Aramco
- Brief description about Berri
- Berri Units
- Working Experiences
- Case Study
KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSTY
NORTH JEDDAH ENGINEERING COLLEGE
DEPARTMENT OF MECHAINICAL ENGINEERING
MENG390: SUMMER TRAINING
SUMMER COORDINATOR: Dr. Hassan Attar
Summer Training at
Berri Gas Plant
Saudi Aramco Gas Plants:
1. Berri gas plant
2. Haradh gas plant
3. Khursanyah gas plant
4. Hawiyah gas plant
5. Shadegum gas plant
6. Uthmaniyahgas plant
7. Shaybah gas plant
8. Wasit gas plant
compressors filters replacement and coating
Utility Plant (476)
welding and penetrant test
3600rpm, Molten Sulfur, Centrifugal, Overhung, Motor Driven, Single Stage Pump (Goulds Pumps)
Oil-ring lubricating system