Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Copy of The Quest of the Golden Fleece
Transcript of Copy of Copy of The Quest of the Golden Fleece
Jason was sent on a journey through rivers, lakes and seas.
Hera was on Jason's side, helping him through the journey, she was his supernatural aid.
The first Physical step toward adventure was when they set sail on the ship, Argo Themes:
Lack of Unity in the family
The Golden Fleece can symbolize,
A better future Themes & Symbols
Why was this myth created?
This myth was created to show & teach the people
Different character flaws
Triumphs and tragedies
The gods power & role in human life Jason gets called by his father, King of Greece Essential Questions The Initiation/Adventure The Return Jason comes home to find his father was forced to kill himself.
Mother dies of grief
Jason survives the impact of the tragedy by talking to Medea
Medea kills Pelias to avenge Jason
After journey Jason was more courageous, fearless of death The Lemnos, the Harpies, the Dove were the tasks he had
Aphrodite asked Cupid to make Medea fall in love with Jason, causing a small distraction
Finally, Jason was able to achieve his goal and get the golden fleece Why is the myth important ?
Too much ambition and arrogance can lead to your downfall
Power in the wrong hands can be destructive
Greek heroes have great triumphs and tragic outcomes
Teaches lessons of Love, heroism, greed and ambition What is the myth trying to explain ?
Ambition can be dangerous and conflicting
Gods & power had a big part in Greek life
seeking riches and adventure are not always the best Citations: First picture: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YuatQn8m8vE/SwVVkhKrRaI/AAAAAAAAAE4/U-vgD44BmZA/s1600/Jason-Quellinus.jpg Second picture: http://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/crosato_giovanni_battista_jason_and_medea_charming_the_sleepiless_dragon_of_the_golden_fleece_oil_on_canvas-large.jpg
Third Picture: http://edithmythology.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/300px-jason_pelias_louvre_k127.jpg Bibliography Hamilton, Edith. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Grand Central Publishing Hachette Book Group USA, Copyright 1942. http://goanimate.com/videos/0hcPZHFyJE0U Another Video: THE END Main Points
Phrixus step mom wanted him dead
Golden ram saved him
Landed in Colchis
Sacrificed ram to Zeus + gave Golden Fleece to king of Colchis (etes)
Phrixus's uncle (king of Greece) overthrown by nephew, Pelias 6. King's son, Jason makes deal with Pelias
7. Jason gives Pelias Golden Fleece, Pelias gives Jason throne
8. Jason takes the Argo ship with argonauts
9. Goes to Colchis, makes deal with Æetes
10. He succeeds with the help of Hera and princess Medea
11. Hera and Aphrodite help Jason succeed
12. Planing to make princess fall in love
13. Medea had magic powers, could do almost anything
14. Left with the argonauts to protect them
15. When returned Jason's father and mother dead
16. Medea killed Pelias for Jason
17. After everything Medea did Jason betrayed her
18. Married the king of Corinth's daughter
19. King of Corinth wanted Medea dead 20. Instead Jason put her in exile
21. She killed his wife and left Jason
22. Jason blamed her