Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ms. Freaney & Ms. Phung
Transcript of Ms. Freaney & Ms. Phung
Anaphora & Oxymoron
Oxymoron definition and example
Anaphora definition and example
"A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction "
Everyone will get one card with one half of an oxymoron phrase
Your goal is to find the person with the other half of the phrase
2-3 minutes to search, 1 minute to share
What is the oxymoron in this sentence:
Let's leave this party, we can be alone together.
a) Let's leave
b) Alone together
c) Can be
7. Which is an oxymoron?
a) Cold freezer
b) Freezing cold
c) Freezer burn
8. True or False: "Little pixie" is an oxymoron,
9. What is the oxymoron in this sentence:
Chocolate ice cream has always been his least favorite dessert.
a) Least favorite
b) Always been
c) Ice cream
10. Which is NOT an oxymoron?
a) Almost exactly
b) Yummy food
c) Appear invisible
Ms. Freaney & Ms. Phung
1. What is anaphora?
a) Repetition of a phrase at the beginning of successive sentences/clauses/verses
b) Repetition of a phrase at the end of successive sentences/clauses/verses
c) Repetition of a phrase in the middle of successive sentences/clauses/verses
2. True or False, does this quote exemplify anaphora?
"With malice towards none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right,..." -Abraham Lincoln
True / False
3. What is the phrase that exemplifies anaphora:
She hated the way he walked. She hated the way he talked. She hated the way he tied his shoe laces. She hated him.
a) The way
b) She hated
4. Which option exemplifies anaphora?
a) "Where now? Who now? When now?" -Samuel Beckett
b) "My life is my purpose, my life is my goal, my life is my inspiration."
c) You can do anything you put your mind to.
5. What is the phrase that exemplifies anaphora:
Soon I'll be on my own. Soon I'll be free. Soon I'll do things my way.
c) Soon I'll
Repetition of a word or phrase at the beginning of successive sentences/clauses/verses for rhetorical or poetical effect
the best of times,
the worst of times,
the age of wisdom,
the age of foolishness,..." A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
breath you take and
move you make
bond you break,
step you take, I'll be watching you"
Every Breath You Take
by The Police
The objective is to make successive phrases that exemplify anaphora through popcorn sharing