Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CLP Talk 3
Transcript of CLP Talk 3
CLP Talk No. 3
Who is Jesus Christ?
He is God, He is our Lord and Savior.
Misconceptions or Incomplete Notions about Christianity
a. Christianity is reduced to a mere religious system.
What is Christianity?
1. Union with God through Jesus Christ.
We are His followers.
As Christians, we carry His name.
1. A set of doctrines to believe in, like the Apostles Creed.
2. A set of religious practices.
3. Knowing or reading a lot about God.
4. Doing a lot for God.
b. Christianity is a mere moral system.
1. A set of do's and don'ts; a set of rules regarding right and wrong.
2. Avoiding those things that can make you go to hell.
c. Christianity is a social, humanitarian system.
1. Equating Chistianity with humanitarianism.
2. A Christian is someone who does
good and is kind, always
smiles, friendly, never gets
angry and tries to please
d. Christianity is an escape from the realities of life,, an opium of the poor and the oppressed.. It is for the weak, for those who cannot cope with life.
What makes us Christians is our loving personal relationship with God.
Everything else we do merely expresses this relationship.
2. Some important truths about Christianity.
1. It is a relationship initiated by God, out of His mercy and love for us.
2. In Christianity, we become a new creation and participate in the very life of Christ.
3. We take on the nature of God: Holiness
Practical Implications of being a Christian
If God is our father, trust Him!
1. God has a plan for us and it is good!
2. God's plan is the best!
He knows our needs and He'll provide for us.
He is providing for us right now!
We are brothers and sisters!
In SFC, we experience this brotherhood and sisterhood.
As brethren, we are committed to support and care for one another.
Life here on earth is temporary. Invest yourself in heaven!
Our goal - Philippians 3:14
Where we belong - Philippians 3:20
What should our attitude be?
As Christians, we are fortunate and privileged. God is our Father, He cares for us.
We know because God said so. We can count on Him.
Put your lives completely in God's hands and experience peace.