Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
American Indians of Texas
Transcript of American Indians of Texas
Housing – campsites
Food Sources – fishing, hunting, and some gathering
Daily Life – nomads, women ran the villages
Religions & Customs – children have two names, feast/dance celebrations, shaman’s
a learned system or way of survival with shared beliefs, traits, and values.
– a practice common to many or to a particular place or class
– an inherited, established, or customary pattern of thought, action, or behavior.
– a social group comprising numerous families, clans, or generations together.
Tribes- Caddo, Wichita, Atakapa
Housing – dome homes, beehive homes, straw, poles, and mud structures
Food Sources – farming, hunting, and fishing
Daily Life – men and women farmed together, painted their bodies
Religions & Customs – very religious society
Tribes – Jumanos & Tiguas
Housing – adobe (mud, grass, ashes formed into bricks and dried in the sun)
Food Sources – hunt, gather, and limited farming
Daily Life – expert with animal hides, traded goods with other tribes
Religions & Customs – religious ceremonies to celebrate important events
Tribes – Tonkawa, Apache, Comanche, & Kiowa
Housing – animal skin teepee
Food Sources – hunting and gathering
Daily Life – paint their bodies, skilled fighters, Apaches raid others for what they need
Religions & Customs – Comanche have two chiefs: war chief and a peace chief