Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Educational Technology
Being wise to the (digital) world we inhabit Technology gift Arts and Technology Education Concepts to consider Flipping teaching/learning
changing the expectation of educators that they must be fully “prepared” to provide all the knowledge and wisdom
shifting the preparedness from objectivism to connectivism
Alan November and Salman Khan are exponents of flipped teaching/learning I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand. Give me data and I will interpret it as information.
Support me to make connections and I gain knowledge.
Let me make the best use of the knowledge and I’m wise. Flipping IdeaJam with Alan November TED - Khan Academy Novel
Whole TPACK approach Case Studies
1. ECE – Fionnbharr State School's annual film festival based on the theme of ‘Dream a Better World’ (environmentally or socially appropriate themes), requires the submission of a film of up to three minutes in length. Project-based learning (PK), Social Science (CK), Digital Video (TK)
2. Secondary - Bullying.com: a virtual reality resource with interactive curriculum modules; designed to enable students to learn about bullying; designed by students to educate students within a relevant context. Cooperative learning, collaboration, authentic assessment, inclusivity, higher order thinking and using ICTs as learning tools.
3. Tertiary -
• blended learning
• case studies
• professional critique
• group assessment items Design your own personal goals for TPACK, perhaps for a specific unit - how do you integrate technologies in order to mentor your students? What do ICTs enable (perhaps a continuum) – which ones are available in your teaching? Pedagogy The things you know and
do as an expert teacher Content Technology Cognitivism Connectivism Behaviourism Learning style preference Multiple intelligences Temperament theory Productive Pedagogies Connectedness Deep Understanding Social Support Valuing Difference What does this mean to me and
what does this mean to the world? How to develop in students
higher order thinking Being valued and
needing support Meeting individual needs Discipline knowledge Concepts Thinking processes Communication Creativity Fine grained, specific content Facts Comprehension Communication protocols Application Critical thinking Complex reasoning Analysis Activity types Evaluation What is available for
learning and teaching? Software Devices Networks Simulation Visualisation Organising Modelling Learning objects Presentation dissections, experiments, games graphing, CAD, 3D software concept maps,
tables, excel, word processing graphing programs, programming interactive, reusable p'point, flash, prezi, movies, audio, images PDA Camera iPod, iPad, iPhone GPS MP3 Voice recorder Digital video Interactive whiteboard Scanner Graphics calculator tip-of-fingers access social networks limitless resources Online journals Shared video (YouTube, Vimeo, podcast) Synchronous collaboration (chat, webconferencing, Skype) Virtual 3D worlds (SecondLife) Asynchronous collaboration (Google docs, email, wikis, forums) Shared documents (Google docs, Dropbox, cloud computing) Shared resources (Flickr, Slideshare) ePortfolios SCU Division of Teaching and Learning provides Learning Technologies Online (LTOs)
suite of modules relating to the use of educational technologies
material that can help when considering what tools to use Photo from Claude Robillard's photos via Getty Images Data Information Knowledge Wisdom Context Meaning Insight Scaffolding a
collaborative wiki... ...using a Balance Bike approach Learning Networks,
ICTs in Education ICT Pedagogy Officer
School of Education and Humanities Technology, Communication and Culture Project Officer
Unit & Teaching Development
Division of Teaching & Learning The interplay of three primary forms of knowledge: Content (CK), Pedagogy (PK), and Technology (TK) Teamwork skills need to be
and specifically scaffolded especially leading to major group assessment tasks. Build confidence, skills and an aptitude for cooperation, groupwork, teamwork, and collaboration. Toys to tools to pedagogies literate fluency