Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Philosophy of Art, Spring 2018
Transcript of Philosophy of Art, Spring 2018
Imitation Theory of Art
Willem van Haecht
Representational Theory of Art
Neo-Representational Theory of Art
style & form
Zeuxis versus Parrhasius
What or who should be more praised?
1. Art = Imitation
2. Good Art = Good Imitation
imitations & imitators
what art or artists do we love for imitation?
do we know about who or what is being imitated?
other concerns about valuing imitation?
imitation versus copy
work versus aesthetic experience
How do we likewise value the imitative arts today?