Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Transitions
Electron energy levels can jump up and jump down, as they absorb and emit photons.
yet there are rules or restrictions placed up on them
we have a shorthand notation for the orbital quantum numbers l=0,1,2,3.. as s, p, d, f, g, h....
1s 2s 3s 4s 2p 3p 4p
This shorthand and the Pauli exclusion principle has led to the formation of our table of elements.
each atom has electrons that are in these energy level having these specific quantum numbers
Which of the following transitions are forbidden?
a) 3p - 2p
b) 2d - 3p
c) 2s - 1s
d) 4d - 2p
e) 3d - 2s
Match the following electron configurations for