Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Understanding the IEP
Transcript of Understanding the IEP
What is the IEP?
Individualized Education Program
program designed to help
by changing the way teachers
Free Appropriate Public Education
•attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
•speech or language impairment
Parts of the IEP
-the students ’s
-the student's areas of
must do to help the
-how the student’s
affects their ability to
rate of their
1) What is the students eligibility category?
2)What are the student's strengths?
3) What are the student's limitations?
4) How is the students overall behavior in class?
5) What is Lesley interested in pursuing as a career?
BR-Basic Reading Skills
SLI-Speech and Language Impairment
TBI-Traumatic Brain Injury
are written to
skills that the
IEP goals are written and reviewed
times per year, to
is being made.
There should be at least
-What areas are Lesley's goals in?
-Is there a goal written for every area of need? Why or why not?
-Why is it important for Lesley to work hard in school to reach her goals?
-What is her baseline of mastery for Language Arts?
-An accommodation is an
made to meet a
are included in a student's IEP in
order to help
or anyone else that works with the student make necessary
to meet the needs of the student.
-Where will Lesley's accommodations be provided? (What subjects/locations?)
-Name 3 accommodations Lesley receives.
-What could happen if Lesley does not receive her accommodations in her IEP?
What are Lesley's special education services?
Where will these services be provided and by whom?
The transition component of the IEP discusses the student's
in the IEP must be
to what the student wants to do
Who qualifies for an IEP?
provided to the
They can be provided at
(i.e. small group instruction) or
(i.e. speech therapy).
-What does Lesley wish to do after high school?
-What are some things Lesley's school can do to help her get there?