Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Indiana History SWJCS
Transcript of Indiana History SWJCS
Black and White
Indiana is a free state from slavery.Some states still have slavery today.
Indiana is a free state
One reason why the war was started is because of slavery and Black and White racism.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Indiana was a free state.
The 5th amendment
Before Indiana became a state in the late 1700's French settlers had both Indian slaves and black slaves. Indiana was a free state but Kentucky (which bordered Indiana to the south) wasn't. Kentuckians would come and capture the slaves that escaped. There were some that illegally had slaves.
The 5th amendment is when a officer asks a question and you have the right not to speak.
book: Living Indiana History
The Indianapolis 500 is famous in Indiana.There are a bunch of fast cars racing for a win and they do 200 laps.
Indiana is the 38th largest by area and the 16th most populated of the 50 United States.