Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of mitosis
How was it discovered...
The process where a single cell divides
Mitosis was discovered by Walther Flemming
He was a scientist and one of the first to devote his time to cytology, the study of chromosomes
Flemming used aniline dyes, to visualize the threadlike material as the cells divide. Much of what we know today about mitosis originated with Flemming's observations. He saw that chromosomes were "doubled" when they appeared in prophase, and "solved" the problem of chromosomal partitioning between mother and daughter cells.
created by Valya and William