Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Exploring Your Theory of Family Therapy
Transcript of Exploring Your Theory of Family Therapy
Nick Cornett, PhD, LMFT, LPC, Registered Play Therapist
(1) What is the nature of families?
(2) What contributes to the problems in families?
(3) How do families grow / change?
The Process of Identifying a Guiding Theory
"I don't have a theory of family therapy!"
Actually, yes, you do!
"What is my role in all of this?"
Relax. This is a lifelong thing.
Theories we will be exploring:
Seven C's (Combs, 1989): complete, clear, consistent, concrete, current, creative, conscious
Common Factors Research (Lambert)
Frameworks for Examination
Frameworks for Exploration
How well does the theory, in its explicit and implicit values/beliefs/philosophies, align with my values/beliefs/personal philosophy?
Philosophies Evident in Family Therapy Theories (Gehart, 2010)