Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of WATER POLLUTION!
Thanks for Watching and Listening!
By: Aya Yafaoui
designed by Péter Puklus for Prezi
Hello!! Today we will be talking to you about a very sad & important topic, a topic that has affected the lives of many, a topic that has even killed its victims. And that topic is....... WATER POLLUTION!!! water pollution may not sound as important as world hunger or politics, but it truly is a very important topic. And in this prezi we will be talking about: what water pollution is, what causes water pollution, it's affects, where water pollution happens, why does it happen and how to help end water pollution. So please listen carefully and attentively because this really is a important topic.
WHAT IS WATER POLLUTION?
WHERE DOES WATER POLLUTION HAPPEN?
Water pollution happens everywhere and is polluted by man made or natural causes, Like in rivers, lakes, ocean/sea, fresh water, ponds and other bodies of water all over the world. Water pollution happens all over the Earth, by factories, people throwing garbage and even oil spills. This is the result of both garbage dumped by individuals and dangerous chemicals legally or illegally dumped by manufacturing industries, health centers, schools and market places. So there isn't only one place water pollution happens, because it happens all over the world.
HOW TO HELP END WATER POLLUTION:
You can help end water pollution by just doing small things around your home and school, for example:
conserve water, by turning of the tap when the water is running for no reason
use environmentally house-hold products, like washing powder
try not to use too much pesticides and fertilizers, that helps prevents runoffs of the material into water sources
by having more plants in your garden, you are preventing pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals from running off into water sources
but most of all DON'T THROW GARBAGE INTO WATER SOURCES!!!
WHY DOES WATER POLLUTION HAPPEN?
Water pollution is any toxic chemical, particles, substance or garbage that changes the quality of the water. Some water pollution can occur through natural processes, but most pollution gets into water mainly by humans. It affects animals living in the bodies of water, it affects plants, and even humans. It can cause major illnesses or death to anyone or anything living. Water pollution is very harmful to humans, animals and water life. The effects can be catastrophic, depending on the kind of chemicals, concentrations of the pollutants and where there are polluted.
THE AFFECTS OF WATER POLLUTION:
Water Pollution happens because people aren't aware or don't care of what is being dumped into lakes, rivers, oceans etc. Industries and power plants dump their chemicals and garbage into water sources, thus contaminating the water and killing fish & other aquatic animals. But not all pollution is from humans, about 6% of it is natural, making the other 94% from humans.
google (pics and ideas)
YouTube search: water pollution cartoons
And those are only some examples of what you can do at home/school.
Now that you know what water pollution is, its affects, where it happens & why it happens and how to help end it, you can start to understand how important it is, not only to the environment but to us, humans as well. so start conserving water, picking up liter and overall trying to help end water pollution; because if we don't start right now, we may not have any water sources left in the future.
The affects of water pollution are horrendous. why? because water pollution:
kills fish and other aquatic animals
cause the quality of water to be degraded, thus causing it to be insufficient for human & animal use
disturbs the food chain
causes diseases (severe or not)
Water pollution can even kill whole ecosystems! And in the future if we continue down this path there will be no more drinkable/usable water on earth to keep living things--like you and me--alive.
So that's why we need to take care of our water and stop polluting.