Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1980's Politics and Culture
Transcript of 1980's Politics and Culture
What were the main issues and concerns of the day?
Low skilled jobs
Riots due to the policies Margret Thatcher introduced
So how does Rita fit in?
Rita is part of the working class
She didn't have a good education so decided to enroll in the university to become more culturally aware
Michael Mackintosh Foot
Neil Gordon Kinnock
Who Was Prime Minister?
What was Liverpool like?
• In the early 1980’s unemployment rates in Liverpool were amongst the highest in the UK
• 15% of its land was vacant or derelict
• The city council sank heavily into debt
What was the average life like in 1980s Liverpool?
What is she most remembered for?
Margaret Thatcher (the iron lady)
Britain's Conservative Party leader and in 1979 was elected prime minister, the first woman to hold the position.
She served three consecutive terms in power.
Who was in parliament?
And where does Frank fit in?
Margaret Hilda Thatcher
David Martin Scott Steel
Jeremy John Durham Ashdown
She was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990 and leader of the conservative party from 1975 to 1990
Frank is from the middle class so is higher up in society then Rita
Depite bearing the hardships of a 1980s Liverpudlian lifestyle he still manages to live a comfortable life