Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Engaging Fluent Readers Using Literature Circles
Transcript of Engaging Fluent Readers Using Literature Circles
Sheena Cameron's Literature Circle Wiki What are Literature Circles? Student Roles Provide:
a scaffold - can be removed once students are familiar with each of the roles and can work without the worksheets, similar to training wheels on a bicycle
a thinking model Discussion Prompts Recommended Texts Downloadable Resources http://sheenasliteraturecircles.wikispaces.com/Downloads guided primarily by student insights and questions,
structured for student independence, responsibility and ownership,
intended as a context in which to apply reading skills,
part of a balanced Literacy program. They are: Book Marks - Role Cards 1. Discussion Director
2. Word Master
3. Passage Picker
Copy of the text or book
Post-it notes to flag pages or passages in the text
Literature Circle Packets that include role cards, prompts, procedures, evaluations, etc.
Role Wheel Materials 1. Active Readers
2. Able to use Reading Comprehension Strategies
3. Make connections to other texts, world and themselves
4. Work productively in a group setting with their peers. Learner Needs 1. Handy Resources
Short Stories 1, 2 & 3 (RA 10-16)
by Hilton Ayrey
2. Harper Collins recommended texts for
Literature Circles with older students
3. Literature Circle Texts http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/ommoverride/reading_list_yrs7_8.pdf http://www.handyres.com/resources/D5/4309/Other/MAC%20eBooks/Short%20Stories%201.pdf Student Role Worksheets Literature Circle Resource Centre http://www.litcircles.org/ iPAD Literature Circles http://www.ipadlitcircles.com/ http://www.litcircles.org/Books/books.html A good idea to set guidelines and discuss what makes successful literature circle discussions and what discussion elements look and sound like... http://prezi.com/kgdt9pzdauih/edit/#6_21290605