Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ashton Haslacker L and L
Transcript of Ashton Haslacker L and L
Longitude and Latitude
It is lines that explain where a place is on the map.
Latitude is lines the go from side to side. The numbers are found on the side. It's North and South of the equator.
Longitude are the lines that go up and down. Also comes second in coordinates.
Ex. 15N, 60E
What i did was i started at 15N and i moved to 60W then got my coordinate.
Ex. 5, -6
I started a zero then i move to the right to 5 then I moved down to -6.
when your on the top side of the equator you are on the north side. Also when you are on the bottom side you are on the south side.
Then you go to the prim meridian the right side is the east side. Then you go to the left side which is the west side.
How to get the answer
You start at the north line then go up to 10N then you had to go 5E.
How to find this coordinate.
First you Start at the Side to Side lines at zero. Then you move up to 19 degrees North then you go to 2 degrees west
1. What coordinate comes first Latitude or Longitude.
The answer is latitude.
2. What is it called if the lines go up and down
The answer is longitude
3. What are the lines called if they go side to side
The answer is latitude. These are the lines that go side to side.
4. Which side of the coordinates are they if they are on the right side.
The answer is East. They are on the right side of the map.
5. How far can the number go up to if it is longitude.
The answer is 180 degrees.