Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Subjunctive Mood (Were/Was)
Transcript of Subjunctive Mood (Were/Was)
Indicative mood, or THE FACTS use 'was'.
Subjunctive mood, or THE STINKING, FILTHY TRAITOR TO REALI- we mean, THE LIES use 'were'. Are you ready to fill in some examples?
Okay!! Here we go!! "I _____ hungry, so I ate my CDs. (Delicious.)" "If I _____ REALLY hungry, I would eat my pants. (Also delicious.)" However, like everything in the English language, there are a couple exceptions to the rule.
If you want to use the subject 'you', even if the sentence is indicative, use 'WERE'.
If the subject is PLURAL, (again, even if the sentence is indicative) use 'WERE'. "They _____ baking cake." "He _____ doing homework." And we're done!!
Are there any questions before we begin our activity?