Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of eritrea
life expectancy - 61
Average monthly salary
500 Eritrean nakfa ($33 dollars )(1)
The biggest source of income
copper, gold, granite, marble, and potash
type of government system
* transitional government (1)
* no opposition political party
* single party (PFDG)
* the Eritrean president is both the head of state and head of government.
allthe six principles are missing
1. Popular Sovereignty:
national election has never been held.
2. Limited Government :
the government has all power.
3. Separation of Powers :
the president has hold too much power.
4. Checks and Balances:
only the president and his party has the power to check others.
5. Judicial Review :
there are no public trail and on appeal
no state government.
became independent from Ethiopia in May 24,1991 (5)
* severe restriction on freedom of expression
population - Eritrea = 5.4 million
U.S = 316,668,576
literacy rate - 67.8%
country snapshot (1)
biggest source of
income - salt
* Isaias Afewerki is the first (2)
eritrean president starting
from 1993 til now.
Eritrea ratings (3)
status : Not free
freedom rating : 7.0
civil liberties : 7
political rights : 7
corruption index ranking : 150/176
2012 score : 25
major human rights abuse
(1) "Eritrea." Central Intelligence Agency. 7 May 2013. 06 June 2013 <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/world-leaders-1/world-leaders-e/eritrea.html>.
(2) "Isaias Afewerki." Wikipedea. 02 June 2013. Wikimedia Foundation. 06 June 2013 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>.
(3) "Eritrea." Freedom House. 07 June 2013 <http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2013/eritrea-0>.
(4) "Eritrea." Human Rights Watch.org. N.p., 31 May 2013. Web. 07 June 2013. <http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2013/country-chapters/Eritrea>.
(5) "Encyclopedia of the Nations." Eritrea Overview of Economy, Information about Overview of Economy in Eritrea. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 June 2013. <http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies//Africa/Eritrea-OVERVIEW-OF-ECONOMY.html>.
(6) "Freedom of speech by country." Wikipedia. 06 Aug. 2013. Wikimedia Foundation. 10 June 2013 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country>.
(7) "Eritrea Is the Only African Nation to Cut off USAID." Madote. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 June 2013.
* International humanitarian and human (4)
rights organizations have almost no
access to Eritrea.
* no independent media or civil society.
* since 2001, fourteen journalists (6)
have been imprisoned in unknown
places without a trial.
* In 2004 Eritrea had received more than 65 million from the us and starting from 2005 Eritrea
didn't get any aid from us.
* un $163,389,457 million.
* currently Eritrea is not getting and aid from any nations.
My three point plan
1, make the people in Eritrea protest.
2. warn and negotiate with eritrean government.
3. support the journalists and the midea.