Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Orange FFA
The OHS Agriculture department is very active in many areas, leadership, community service/outreach, competitions, petting zoos, FFA activities, awards and many more.
Orange FFA members put in countless hours into the program and show their dedication every day. Classes Students learn about the leading business on the planet, Agriculture! There are six classes that prepare students for career and advanced education
* Ag Projects: Students work on leadership and projects
* Ag Science: Students learn about plants and animals
*Ag Biology: Biology through agriculture
* Animal Care: Small animals
* Veterinary Science: Anatomy and physiology
* Floral Design: Creating art with flowers Awards Orange FFA continues a long standing tradition of excellence at all levels through the many awards we have been presented. Some of our honors have been: public speaking contests, Grand Champions beef and lamb, Master Showmanship in Beef, Lamb and Swine Showmanship, National Superior Chapter (Fifteen years in a row), Sectional and Region Proficiency awards in Agriculture Education, Diversified Livestock, Beef, Sheep, State FFA degrees, and American FFA degrees to name a few. We give many awards to our chapter members throughout the year; levels of membership, outstanding projects, leadership awards and many others. All this culminated in our being named the California Ag Teachers Association Outstanding Single teacher Department of 2012! Way to go OFFA!!! :) Community Service/Outreach Orange FFA gives back to the community as much as possible.
Pitcher Park Foundation: Our partnership with PPF is beneficial for both groups; we help with both the Persimmon Party and Pixies in the Park. We help set up and clean up for both events as well as educate the community about persimmons and teach children how to make fairy gardens. We also help plant in the park.
Kid Auction: Buy a student, get your garden growing! We rent ourselves out to community members to help with garden projects, lawn work, dog walking and washing and a bunch of other things to!
Petting Zoos: Our animals are taken to elementary schools as well as special needs schools, rest homes, churches, and Treats-in-the-Street! We are here to educate the public and answer any questions while meeting great people too! The science, art and business of Agriculture Orange FFA FFA Orange County Fair Livestock Show Barnyard Lane Animal Display FFA Continued... At the chapter level we put on many events that involve anyone in an Ag class.
Canned food drive
Dollar dog days
We also have a HUGE fundraiser/open house for the public it's FARM FEST. We open our gates and invite everyone in. We participate in events above the chapter level.
Orange Section FFA: Monthly meetings, competitions and we host leadership conference.
Southern Region FFA: Fall and spring meetings and SOCAL Leadership Conference
State FFA:Made for Excellence and Advanced Leadership Academy in Ontario, Greenhand Conference in Perris, State Awards Banquet, and the State FFA Leadership Conference, which is four days in Fresno. The OC Fair livestock show is the Super Bowl for showmen. It takes hundreds of hours outside of class to prepare our animals. The average amount of hours a student puts in one year is approximate 900 hours outside class. At the fair we groom, clean, and prepare our animals for the show. It is an emotional time for all of us to work so hard and then say goodbye to our big babies. Raising animals is fulfilling and a once in a lifetime experience. Projects All students must have a project of some sort
Flowers, Bud Buddies, Prom Flowers etc
.......and many more
Goats The Orange High School petting zoo animals was the main animal exhibit during the last week of the Orange County Fair. We got many complements about our perfectly groomed and well fed animals. During the display we focus on Ag Education which is teaching the public about the animals and Agriculture. This year, Orange FFA has been given the honor of being invited back to do the display again. Thank You for listening and have a wonderful day