Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Bringing the World Into the Classroom Through Educational Te
Transcript of Copy of Bringing the World Into the Classroom Through Educational Te
Technology Programs for Teaching
2. Programs Available on the Internet
3. Information Databases
Standards of Using Technology in the Global Classroom
1. Technology operations and concepts
Teachers should demonstrate an understanding of sound tecnology operations and concept.
2. Planning and designing learning environments and experiences
Teachers plan and design effective learning environments and experiences supported by technology.
3. Teaching, learning, and the curriculum. Teachers implement curriculum plans that include and strategies for applying technology to maximize student learnning.
4. Assessment and evaluation
Teachers apply technology to facilitate a variety of effective assessment and evaluation strategies.
5. Productivity and professional practice
Teachers use technology to enhance their productivity and professional practice.
6. Social, ethical, legal and human issues
Teachers understand the social, ethical, legal and human issues surrounding the use of technology in schools and apply those principles in practice.
"Digitally-mediated learning encompasses more than knowledge of new technology tools. Educators must be prepared to mediate learning through ever-evolving digital tools. Media is rapidly taking over teaching as student learn from gaming, open source knowledge, virtual scenarios, avatar and Second Life. Eduacators must prepare for facilitative roles that can harness these opportunities to best student advantage."
Roles of Technology in Achieving the Goal of Learning and Understanding
1. Technology provides support to the solution of meaningful problems.
2. Technology acts as cognitive support.
3. Technology promotes collaboration as well as independent learning.
Technology in Education
Technology in education is most simply and comfortably defined as an array of tools that might prove helpful in advancing student learning and may be measured in how and why individuals behave.
Bringing the World Into the Classroom Through Educational Technology