Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of So 206
Death and Dying
What Brings You to This Class?
"No one told me of the embarassment of death....perhaps the bereaved ought to be isolated in special settlements like lepers." C.S. Lewis in "A Grief Observed."
"The culture doesn't encourage you to think about such things until you are about to die. We're wrapped up with egotistical things, like career, family, having enough money, meeting the mortgage, fixing the radiator, getting a new car." Mitch Albom in "Tuesdays with Morrie."
What does death education look like?
Teaching children in classrooms or grief support groups usually involves children's literature, media, etc.
In secondary schools
-Violence and Violence Prevention
-the death of a pet
-barely avoiding an auto accident
-the funeral of a loved one
-a visit to a cemetery
Four Dimensions of Death Education
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathon Toomey
-Blog for Week One