Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Safety measures in the Chemistry Laboratory
Transcript of Safety measures in the Chemistry Laboratory
Labs and chemicals can have very painful consequences on students if they are not handled with caution.
"The chemistry laboratory is a great place to learn, but if certain precautions are not followed, it can be a very dangerous place"
8. Be careful with hot plates, Bunsen burners, and other heat sources.
10. Never take chemicals out of the lab
13. Always wash your hands before you leave your lab station
14. Know the location eyewash station
16. All accidents should be reported to the demonstrator
1. Lab aprons (
) and safety
should always be put on.
2. Appropriate clothing should be worn.
should be tied back
such as chains and dangling earrings are not safe
should be worn
3. Know the fire drill procedures and location of exits.
4. Before using electrical equipment, hands should be completely dry.
5. Bring along only the materials needed for that lab. Extra clutter is not safe.
6. Food and drinks are strictly prohibited.
7. Chemicals should never be tasted.
11. No horseplay or fooling around
12. Keep your work area clean
15. If some type of chemical is spilled on the sink, wash off with water first, then call your demonstrator
In case of an emergency:
During a lab:
Before a lab: