Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nicolaus Copernicus
Nicolaus Copernicus died on May 24, 1543 due to a stroke. He lived to be 70 years old. His book 'On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres' was published just before his death.
Even after his death, Nicolaus left many people in this world around questioning how the Universe works and learning more about this place we call "Earth". Nicolaus inspired others to question what we are told and to find out answers for ourselves. He changed many people's understanding of the Universe and showed people that it's okay to question our surroundings.
The heliocentric model demonstrates the theory Copernicus composed in 1508, which shows that the Sun is actually the center of the Universe and not the Earth.
Major Events and Accomplishments
- Nicolaus's father died when Nicolaus was 10 and his uncle became his legal guardian.
- Nicolaus attended the University of Bologna between 1496-1500 and studied astrology.
- In 1503, he completed his degree in canon law at University of Ferrera
- In 1508, Nicolaus began creating his own celestial model which was heliocentric planetry system.
- In February 1509, Nicolaus was able to translate books from Latin to Greek
- In 1514, Nicolaus creates book the Commentariolus to share his research/idea with others.
-Between 1516-1519, Nicolaus was the office of administration of the Warmian chapter estate.
By: Benu Mouaga
D.O.B: February 19, 1473
Date of Death: May 24, 1543
Nicolaus Copernicus was born on February 19, 1473 in Toruń, Poland. Nicolaus was a mathematician and astronomer in the time of the Renaissance. During that time period, everyone thought that the Earth was positioned at the center of the Universe. But in 1508, Nicolaus created a model showing his idea that the sun was actually placed at the center of the Universe.
— Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com. Contributor
- Biography.com, Editors.(N/A). Nicolaus Copernicus Biography.
- Bbc.co.uk, History. (N/A) Nicolaus Copernicus (1473-1543) http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/copernicus.shtml