Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Industrial North: The Lowell system and The Rhode Island system
Transcript of Industrial North: The Lowell system and The Rhode Island system
Francis Cabot Lowell:Founder of the Lowell System. He was a businessman from New England that did not follow Samuel Slater's Rhode Island System. He decided to build a water powered loom that can spin thread and weave cloth in the same mill. Rhode Island System Samuel Slater created the Rhode Island system and consisted of hiring entire families and dividing factory into simple tasks. Allowed Slater to fill his labor needs at a low cost. Factor Families: Samuel Slater began to hire entire families to move to the mills and work there. Childern were also forced into labor. Also, childern earned very low wages.